Anti-Academic Bullying Justice Walk (from Nashville, Tn to Washington, DCby Agnes Scott on 03/16/13
Anti-Academic Bullying Justice Walk (Stop Professors and Administrators at the University of Toledo)
From Nashville, Tennessee to Washington, D. C. (665 miles) – May 18, 2013
On Saturday, May 18, 2013 (starting place and time to be determined), I will begin a 665 mile walk from Nashville, Tennessee to Washington, DC, to protest the academic bullying that I continue to receive from University of Toledo professors and administrators.
Upon arriving in Washington, DC, I will deliver a letter to President Obama informing him that Dr. Jacobs, President of the University of Toledo, has allowed professors and administrators, Drs. Mary Ellen Edwards, Svetlana Beltyukova, Revathy Kumar, Penny Poplin Gosetti, in the University’s Judith Herb College of Education, Health Science and Human Service, Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership program, to deprive me of my right to an education via academic bullying (course fraud, abusive language, and scientific misconduct).
At the age of 71, I feel as though I’m reliving a part of the Civil Rights era, fighting for my right to an equal education or being relegated to sitting at the back of the bus.
I am asking President Barack Obama and the American People to help me get the PhD I’ve been working on for 14 years at this University. Six years ago, at the age of 65, I rode a bicycle (a 450 mile trek) from Nashville, Tennessee to Toledo, Ohio and reported to Dr. Jacobs, via book – Bullies in the Ivory Tower: An African American Woman’s Fight for Educational Justice and a PhD I wrote, that I was encountering obstacles by professors and administrators in my pursuit of a doctoral degree. My book chronicled those obstacles. However, six years later and at the age of 71, I continue to be academically bullied by the same professors and administrators, and I still don’t have my degree.
The 665 mile walk will:
1. Request President Barack Obama and the American People to help bring Dr. Jacobs and the professors and administrators who academically bullied me (via course fraud, scientific misconduct, and abusive language) to justice.
2. Request that Dr. Jacobs direct professors and administrators who academically bullied me (via course fraud, scientific misconduct, and abusive language) to file all forms required for me to be reinstated as a student and follow through with all forms necessary for me to graduate next semester.
3. Request that Dr. Jacobs direct professors and administrators who academically bullied me (via course fraud, scientific misconduct, and abusive language) to restore the context and content of my research paper (dissertation) to its original intent by removing their fraudulent data and replacing it with publishable date in a document ready for submission to OhioLink and ProQuest UMI so that I can graduate.
I am asking people all over the country to literally or virtually “walk with me to get my PhD.” Please join me in my walk against academic bullying (educational justice) from Nashville, Tennessee to the White House – Washington, DC to protest the academic bullying actions I’ve been experiencing at the hands of professors and administrators at the University of Toledo. Walk with me for a block or a mile(s) beginning, Saturday, May 18, 2013 (starting place and time to be determined).
I am looking forward to being employed as a professor (teaching, research, and service), even at 71 years of age. Being employed will allow me to pay off student loans of over $150,000, most of which I have incurred while attending the University of Toledo. No one should be deprived of an education because of the capricious actions of professors and administrators. No one is immune to being academically bullied. Help stop the “culture of silence” that perpetuates this abuse. Help me speak out against this abuse by:
1. Contacting President Barack Obama; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW; Washington, DC 20500; (202) 456-1111. Ask for a full investigation of my allegations.
2. Contacting Attorney General Eric Holder; Department of Justice; (202) 353-1555, (202) 514-2000; 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW; Washington, DC 20530-0000 . Ask for a full investigation of my allegations.
3. Contacting Dr. Lloyd Jacobs, President, the University of Toledo, UTPresident@utoledo.edu; (419) 530-2211; 2301 Bancroft, Toledo, OH 43606-3390 to request that University agents end the academic bullying actions.
4. Signing my petition to stop faculty from academically abusing students on my official website, www.bulliesintheivorytower.org.
5. Buying my book, Bullies in the Ivory Tower: An African American Woman’s Fight for Educational Justice and a PhD, on my official website, www.bulliesintheivorytower.org, (e-book format available April, 2013), which helps to bring professor/administrator-to-student academic abuse out of the closet.
Agnes L. Scott, www.bulliesintheivorytower.org, (615) 663-0646, email@example.com